Blueberry Oat Streusel Muffins...Or...The Best Muffins EVER

Wednesday, May 25, 2011
If you try no other recipes I ever try....try this one.  Serioulsy, these...are...so...good.  I've tried out blueberry muffins in the past from rather well known bakers, and I've always been just a little disappointed, but I ran across this recipe in a cookbook I checked out from the library called Light and Luscious by Oxmoor House.  They have obviously never been to a WW meeting becauses it's not light, BUT all this great lusciousness makes up for it! 
Here's the recipe...go make some....and send me a half dozen, thanks. 
Blueberry Oat Streusel Muffin Recipe
Ingredients for Streusel Topping:  1/3 c. oats, 3 T. brown sugar, 1 T. flour, 1 T. butter, 2 T. chopped almonds
Instructions for Streusel Topping:  Blend with a food processor until consistancy of coarse meal, or cut with a pastry cutter.  Set aside.
Ingredients for Blueberry Muffins:  2 c. flour, 2 t. baking powder, 1/4 t. baking soda, 1/4 t. salt, 1/2 c. sugar, 2 t. lemon rinds (I left this out b/c I didn't have it), 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries, 3/4 c. buttermilk, 1/4 c. vegetable oil, 1 egg.
Instructions for Blueberry Muffins:  Mix together dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.  Make a well in dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients.  Stir until dry ingredients are moist.  Spoon into 12 muffin cups.  Top with streusel mix. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.  Remove immedietely from pan. 

2 comments

tt.scraps said...

OH. NO. YOU. DIDN'T! Now I'm gonna have to try these too!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, those muffins really do look like the best ever. I hope you'll come by and link them up to Sweets for a Saturday (the link is open till Monday night). http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/sweets-for-saturday-19.html