Mother's Day: Picture Coaster's Revisited

Monday, May 02, 2011
I made some coaster's a few months back for my friend, Heather, for Christmas.  The process and suppliesfor making coasters is here.  I made one change, and then made another set for my friend, Jolene.  She's a grandmother, and I figured she'd appreciate a set of some of her photos with her grandkids.  Her family helped me out by providing the photos. 
I tore the edges this time (instead of the straight cut I did with the last set). 
The biggest change I made was I used this sticky backed cork on the back of the coasters.  I found it at Hobby Lobby in the corkboard section. 



3 comments

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I like the torn edges on the photos. Great gift, idea.

Connie the crafterbug said...

Great idea!
Connie

Christy said...

Lovin' the coasters! I just cranked out a bunch for a church fair. I think you mentioned in your last post about preferring to use a sponge brush for the glue but I would advise against it. My favorite brush is a white-bristled 1" brush. Love love.

http://shamrock80.blogspot.com/2011/05/coasters.html