Thrift Store+Vinyl=Framed Glass Chandelier

Sunday, May 08, 2011
This framed, glass chandelier has a future ahead of her.  She'll eventually hang at a few upcoming parties with no wall behind her, but for photo taking purposes, I plucked down a canvas painting and hung it against the wall.  This was really easy to put together, and I think it's going to make a real splash at the parties it will be attending in the (near?!?!?) future.  ;O)  I saw an idea like this at Third Monday.  This one shop has an old window with a colored vinyl picture like this hanging in the window...and I got to thinking...  I hunted down a vinyle chandelier at Hobby Lobby (they are also all over the net).  I got mine for half off ($10).  It also came with rhinestones, and can be plopped onto a wall if the frame isn't doing it for you. 
I then found a frame at the Thrift Store for $5....I'm sure I could have found one cheaper at a garage sale, but I'm kind of into this molding.  I sprayed it with a 99 cent can of glossy spraypaint from the store. 
I applied the vinyl, and now...I need to start gathering the rest of these supplies for the festivities. 
I have a week of Mother's Day post going on, so I'm interrupting so I can enter this in a vinyl project in a round up at the Iron Crafter 

14 comments

Mrs. S. said...

I love this! Simple, yet lovely.

Marina said...

Visiting from the blog hop... I Love this idea! Super cute! Stopping by from Justsewsassy.com

Jodie said...

Love this, I like the way it looks 3 dimensional!

Warm Wishes,
Jodie

http://lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com/

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is really cool, Christy. I bet it will look awesome hanging by itself without a wall behind it.

Sherrie said...

This came out beautifully!

Holly Lefevre said...

Great project! Love that chandy and what a fantastic improvement for the orignal art!

Jill said...

Ooooh! I looooove chandeliers! Nice work.

Unknown said...

interesting find for the chandy. love it:)

http://www.diyandmore.com/?p=429

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the idea and the look, Christy! I think it would look great even hanging on a wall all the time.

Emily S said...

Wow this is SO FUN! Totally an easy but very elegant project. Wonderful job!

Emily
Deviantly Domesticated Team
http://stephaniehillberry.com

chelsea499 said...

Working on a pink and black themed shower. This is perfect!

claudiasburningink said...

Did you put the decal on the front of the glass or the back? Meaning is it the sticky side that faces out?

claudiasburningink said...

Did you put the decal on the front of the glass or the back? Meaning is it the sticky side that faces out?

Christy said...

I put the decal on the front. Either way would probably be finem, but mine is several years old and it seems to be holding up well. :O)